- Reviews all applications that meet the Foundation's requirements for housing. The maximum or minimum acceptable annual income level is not a fixed number but is determined on the basis of all information provided by the applicant.
- Uses a standard residential lease, renewed annually and updated periodically. The lease contains rules the tenant must comply with.
- Requires every adult who has income or wages to sign the lease and be responsible for payment of the rent.
- Provides a stove; tenant is to provide refrigerator, washer and dryer.
- Requires tenants to pay for their own utilities.
- Does not require any tenant to vacate except for non-payment of rent, violation of conditions of the lease, or violation of City Statutes and Ordinances.
- Does not permit pets.
- Complies with City Statutes and Ordinances with respect to the number of people who may occupy a duplex unit.
- Requires tenants to move from three bedroom to two bedroom duplex units if their needs for housing become less.
- Provides help with payment of closing costs if family moves and purchases a home, thus making Foundation property available to other families.
- No Snoking or Vaping in the Apartment.
- Landlord can have access to the apartment on reasonable Notice to the tenant.
- Tenant is required to have a policy of renter's insurance to insure the tenant's personal property.